Thursday, April 1, 2010

Okay... now what???

Alright, you've read my last post and the light bulb appeared above your head. Or maybe you were already thinking the same thing and now your glad you're not alone... either way, now your like okay I get it... I've been improperly conditioned and I acknowledge that... Sooooo how do I go about embracing this new mindset????? First let me go ahead break the news to you, you might feel REAL silly at first… probably even a little awkward. But with that out of the way we can proceed :-) I promise the pay off will be sooooo worth it!
Okay, so I have like a bazillion ideas that I'm certain will appear in upcoming posts, but I'll start with one that has worked consistently for the wives that I've met on my journey. This will initially sound like something you've heard your whole life so you have to promise to read it all the way through… promise????
Alright…
EXERCISE (I said you wouldn't be surprised but keep reading... you promised.)
Now I’m not talking about Jane Fonda tapes and sweatin’ to the oldies. I’m talking about adding some spice to your workout. I’m talking about a form of exercise you can actually learn with a group of your friends in the comfort of your own home… no seriously. I've done this with much success and know many ladies that will testify to its effectiveness ;-)
Brace for it...
...Pole Party... yes you read it correctly... P-O-L-E... pole. Now before you check out... let me finish. This has got to be one of the most effective and entertaining ways to get in touch with your inner sex kitten. Which is exactly what we all wanna be for our husbands, right?? The key is to make certain that you plan it with a group of wives that you know and trust. This way you can encourage each other with the understanding that you all are taking steps to strengthen your marriage. One of the most valuable things you take away from this get together is a better understanding of your body and the way it moves. You also leave with a new sense of confidence and self esteem. You feel empowered and energized. It's also a phenomenal workout. You'll burn calories, increase flexibility, and build muscle strength. Don't forget all the laughing you'll do with your friends.
Hahaha… I was starting to sound like a commercial… sorry bout that... anyway… I started doing pole fitness about a year and a half ago. It is the only workout (EVER) that I have absolutely LOVED doing and always look forward to my next workout. It has not only improved my health, it has definitely spiced up my marriage. I've led so many pole parties and every single time the women are so happy that they came. They always have great stories about taking what they've learned back home to their husbands. I've even given one-on-one lessons to ladies who weren't quite comfortable with a group setting. I've worked with wives and brides-to-be on individual routines for honeymoons, anniversaries, or special occasions. I truly believe every woman should experience it. I figure, not everyone has access to a pole... I do... so why not use it to contribute to a cause that is close to my heart... strengthening marriages!!
When you do this form of workout you begin to see your body differently. You appreciate the strength and support that your body provides and you're able to see the positives and focus less on the negatives. You become proud of your body and all that it's capable of. The payoff is two fold… you gain the benefit of traditional exercise(increased energy, calorie burn, muscle tone etc.) and at the same time you are lighting a serious fire under your libido. It's like exercise multi tasking LOL ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Heard about the POLE parties at my Intentional Moments party...Want to know more!!!! How intriguing!!!

    ReplyDelete

"When I found the one my heart loves, I held him and would not let him go." ~ Song of Solomon 3:4